Traditional Portrait Assignment (15)
**Save this document as “B*” YOURLASTNAME Portraits
* = Your Block/Period number
Photograph at least 15 original portrait photos in traditional style.
In a traditional or classical portraiture the face is the predominant element. In this type of portrait, the subject is expected to be looking directly at the camera.
- Organize at least 15 original (you took them) portrait photographs in a Google document.
- Save the document with the correct filename.
- Rate your five best photos 1-5, where #1 is your best photograph.
30 points (2 points for each original candid)
10 points for originality
- Choose your three best portrait photographs.
- Give each portrait a title.
- Write at least a two sentence description that tells a story and/or describes the photograph.
- Prepare a final sentence that describe the type or types of photography the picture represents along with the month and year (ex. August 2017) the photo was taken, the approximate location (ex. Berks County, PA) and the type of camera used to take the picture (ex. iPhone 5s).
Photography is an art, not a set of methods. Technically “incorrect” photos can be the most stunning, such as those which are hugely over-exposed, harshly lit, packed with “distracting” background detail, strangely composed, and so on Know the rules, but know that you can, and should, break them whenever you see fit.