1. Open a new document in Microsoft Word.
2. Set the font to Currier New Size 12.
3. Save the document as YourLastNameShortcuts.doc
4. Insert a footer that includes Your Name, Your Period, and Assignment Name.
5. Right Align the Footer.
Starting on the first line of the document, type responses to the statements provided below:
A. Your first name
B. Your Nickname (if none give yourself one)
C. Your parent(s) or guardian(s) name(s).
D. Your street address.
E. Your home phone number.
F. Your homeroom number preceded by the word “Homeroom.”
G. Your birth date.
H. Your grade level preceded by the word “Grade.”
I. Two of your hobbies (separated by the word “and”).
J. One sentence about why you are taking this class.
6. Carefully proofread the document for spelling, grammar and accuracy.
7. Select the appropriate text and make the following changes using shortcut keys only.
A. Bold your name.
B. Italicize your nickname.
C. Bold and italicize your parent(s) or guardian(s) name(s)..
D. Underline your street address.
E. Decrease the font size of your home phone number by 2 points.
F. Increase the font size of your homeroom number to 24 points.
G. Center align your birth date.
H. Cut your grade and paste it at the end of this list.
I. Copy your hobbies and paste then two times at the end of this list (on separate lines).
J. Right align the sentence explaining why you are taking this course.
8. Carefully proofread the document for spelling, grammar and accuracy.
9. Print the document and submit.
Common Shortcuts keys that can be used in Microsoft Word:
To bold text CTRL+B
To italicize text CTRL+I
To underline text CTRL+U
To decrease font size CTRL+[
To increase font size CTRL+]
To copy selected text CTRL+C
To cut selected text CTRL+X
To paste selected text CTRL+V
To right align text CTRL+R
To left align text CTRL+L
To center align text CTRL+E
To select text SHIFT+ARROW KEYS
To save a file CTRL+S
To save as a file F12
To close a document ALT+F4